Many times you create websites in SharePoint. You assign different ports to access the site.
But what if you want to make the site internet facing and you want other to access the site with logging in to your site?
Yes this is possible.
Here are the steps to make a website as internet facing website.
1. Open Central Administration website of MOSS and navigate to
Central Administration > Application Management > Authentication Providers
The screen will look like below:
2. Select your web application that you want to enable anonymous access, from web application dropdown as displayed in below image.
3. Click on “Default” under Zone column. This will redirect to a new page. Check “Enable Anonymous Access” and click “Save” button.
4. Close Central Administration site.
5. Open the website that you selected for anonymous access. Login using administrator rights and navigate to Site Actions > Site Settings > People and Groups
6. Click “Site Permissions” from quick links. This will open up a new page as here:
7. Click on Settings under page header. Select “Anonymous Access”.
8. Close the browser and you are done.