Now, this will delete the specified list item permanently rather than moving it to Recycle bin. So, how could we move a List Item to Recycle bin using REST API same as OOTB Delete functionality?
We just need to append recycle() function to above REST URL. So, complete URL will be:
Important Note: To move an item to Recycle bin, "Recycle bin" must be ON. You can turn it On or Off from Central administration. Below are the steps to configure Recycle bin:
- Open SharePoint Central Administration Site. Click Application Management.
- On Application Management page, Click Manage Web Applications.
- Click/Select the Web application for which you want to configure Recycle Bin. The ribbon becomes active.
- In ribbon, Click the General Settings.
- Under Recycle bin Section on General Settings page:
- Set the Recycle Bin for the Web application to be On or Off.
- By default, Recycle Bin is Turned On.