March 28, 2012

jQuery.find not working in IE7 for xml data

As part of troubleshooting a shareoint functionality, we found that jQuery.find not working.

We were using jQuery.ajax to call a sharepoint web service and in success function, finding an element in response xml to render it on div.

We fixed this and there are couple of options to fix this that we found from stackoverflow.

1. add dataType: 'xml​' in jQuery.ajax and that will fix it.

2. in response, check for browser is IE7 and variable that is having data is blank, do it with another method, here is javascript code:

if ($.browser.msie && liHtml == "") {
xml = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
xml.async = false;
liHtml = $("XmlTagNameToFind",xml).text();

"liHtml" is the variable which has jQuery.find().text() output.

I hope this will help you as well.

If you have any questions you can reach out our SharePoint Consulting team here.

No comments:

Post a Comment